A delicious start to any meal, that can be made ahead and assembled as required.
What you need
- 1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 30g butter, melted
- butter, extra, for greasing
- 200 g PHILADELPHIA Light Spreadable Chive & Onion or Smoked Salmon
- 30 smoked mussels
- fresh herbs for garnish, e.g. dill
How to make it
Sift flour, sugar and soda into a medium bowl. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and add combined milk, egg, lemon juice and butter. Whisk to form a smooth batter.
Grease the base of a frying pan with extra butter. When the butter bubbles, drop 1 tablespoons of mixture into pan at least 2cm apart. When air-bubbles form on top of blinis, turn and cook until well browned. Remove and keep warm. Repeat for remaining mixture to make 18.
Spread each of the blinis with the Philly*, top with a smoked mussel and garnish with fresh herbs.