What you need
- 30 g butter
- 1 red capsicum, finely chopped
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 125 g PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup tasty cheese
- 250 g fresh small seafood, e.g.scallops, prawns, marinara mix
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 sheets ready rolled puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten, for glazing
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
How to make it
MELT the butter in a saucepan and sauté the red capsicum, spring onions, garlic and spices for 2–3 minutes or until softened. Add the PHILLY and cook, stirring until thick. Fold through the cheese, seafood, and parsley. Season then set aside to cool.
CUT 4 circles from each sheet of pastry using a 9cm cutter to make 24 rounds. Place half the rounds onto greased baking trays. Divide the seafood mixture into 12 and spoon into the centre of each round. Brush the pastry edges lightly with egg then cover with remaining pastry rounds and press to seal.
GLAZE empanadas with egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake in a moderately hot oven 190°C for 15–20 minutes or until golden. Place on a serving platter. Serve immediately.