These decadent truffles with a touch of Christmas make a fantastic edible gift!
What you need
- 400g fruit cake, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon Muscat liqueur
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee, dissolved in 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 1 tablespoon almond meal
- 1 tablespoon apricot jam
- 20g butter, melted
- 375g TOBLERONE* Dark Chocolate, roughly chopped
- 20g copha
- 200g white baking chocolate, melted
- Red and green glace cherries, chopped for decoration
How to make it
Combine fruit cake, Muscat, coffee mixture, almond meal and jam in a bowl, mix well to combine. Roll heaped tablespoons of mixture into balls and place onto a lined tray. Refrigerate until firm.
Melt the Toblerone* and copha in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Using two forks dip each of the balls into the chocolate to cover. Drain off excess chocolate and place back onto the lined tray.
Drizzle the truffles with white chocolate and decorate with glace cherries to resemble holly. Allow to firm and set before serving.