This is one the whole family will love!
What you need
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 500 g skinless chicken thigh fillets, cut into 2cm cubes
- 3 cups hot chicken stock
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1-2 tablespoons curry powder
- 125 g block PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, cubed and softened
- 1/4 cup currants
- 200 g green beans, trimmed and cut in half
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 2 sheets puff pastry, each sheet cut into 4 squares or other shapes
- oil spray
How to make it
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large non stick frying pan over medium-high. Cook onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes, until softened. Remove. Heat remaining oil in frying pan and cook chicken for 3-4 minutes, until browned.
Gradually whisk the stock into the Philly* until smooth. Return onion mixture to the pan along with the flour and curry powder. Heat over medium heat, stirring, for 1-2 minutes until fragrant. Add Philly* mixture, currants and beans and simmer for 8 minutes. Remove from heat. Add rice and stir to combine.
Spoon mixture into 6 x 1 cup capacity ovenproof ceramic dishes. Top with a pastry square or pasty shapes. Spray pastry with oil spray and bake at 200°C for 25 minutes or until pastry is golden and pie is hot.