Deliciously moist and fresh! If cherries are out of season, substitute with canned.
What you need
- 250g butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3 eggs
- 250g tub PHILADELPHIA Light Spreadable Cream Cheese
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2-1/4 cups self-raising flour, sifted
- 200g cherries, stalks removed, pitted
- 150g blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 250g tub PHILADELPHIA Light Spreadable Cream Cheese, extra
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons Marsala
- icing sugar, to dust
How to make it
Beat butter, sugar and vanilla in an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time until fluffy. Add the Philly* and milk and beat until smooth. On a low speed add the flour and mix until smooth.
Fold in cherries and blueberries. Spoon mixture into a greased and lined 22cm round tin or a greased 6 cup capacity ring tin. Bake at 160ºC fan-forced for 1 - 1 1/4 hours, or until a skewer comes out clean. Allow to cool slightly in the oven with door ajar before cooling on a cake rack.
Beat remaining Philly*, icing sugar and marsala until smooth. Dust cooled cake with extra icing sugar, slice and serve with marsala cream.