A tempting two layer mousse with a crunchy praline topping!
What you need
- 125 g Amaretti biscuits, crushed
- 50g butter, melted
- 500g block PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 cup cream, extra, whipped
- 1 tablespoon gelatine, dissolved in 1/4 cup boiling water
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee, dissolved in 1 tablespoon boiling waterPraline - Optional
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup blanched almonds, toasted, roughly chopped
How to make it
Combine biscuit crumbs with butter and press into the base of cling wrap lined 21 x 11cm loaf pan. Chill.
Beat Philly*, sugar and cream until smooth. Fold through whipped cream and gelatine mixture. Pour half the mixture over the prepared base. Add the coffee mixture to the remaining half and stir to combine. Gently pour over the vanilla mixture. Chill for several hours.
Praline: Combine sugar and water in a heavy-based saucepan until dissolved. Boil, without stirring, until golden brown. Pour over almonds on a baking paper lined tray. When cool, break into shards and decorate cheesecake. Serve.
The best way to soften Philadelphia block is to allow it to stand for 1 hour at room temperature or remove Philly from foil, cut into chunks and microwave on high for 30 seconds per 250g.