This flavoursome filling goes beautifully with chicken, but if you like, try wrapped in fish fillets.
What you need
- 80g block PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, crumbled
- 50g short rindless bacon, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, roughly chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme leaves
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 large (200g each) skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, extra
- roasted pumpkin and steamed asparagus, to serve
How to make it
Combine the Philly*, bacon, breadcrumbs, olives, almonds, egg, thyme and seasonings in a bowl. Using a sharp filleting knife or similar, carefully cut a pocket in each chicken fillet, beginning at the thick end, and taking care not to cut through the other end. Divide Philly* mixture between the 3 chicken fillets, ensuring stuffing is evenly spread in each pocket.
Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook 3-4 minutes each side until browned. Remove and place in a greased baking dish. Bake, covered, at 180°C for 15-20 minutes until cooked through. Rest in baking dish.
Meanwhile, add the wine and stock to the frying pan and heat until reduced by half. Stir in extra thyme. Slice the chicken and serve with steamed vegetables and drizzled with the wine reduction.