The microwave cooks up tender-crisp vegetables, super sauces and boneless chicken breasts in a flash! As a bonus, this underused oven lets you cook with little or no fat.
- Use only microwave-safe glass and plastic containers. Do not use containers with metal trim.
- Avoid splatters by covering food loosely with a paper towel.
- Use cooking times as a guide, since every oven is different.
- Don't double recipes and expect cooking time to double.
- Cut food in same-sized pieces for even cooking.
- When reheating, stir food 2 to 3 times to distribute heat evenly.
- Since milk boils up easily, heat in a large container.
- To avoid steam burns, open lids or vent plastic wrap away from you.
- Remove hot dishes with pot holders.