What you need
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 small red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 small zucchini, finely sliced
- 1 small eggplant, finely chopped
- 1 small red capsicum, finely chopped
- 300 g jar salsa
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1-1/2 tablespoons VEGEMITE
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 16 sheets filo pastry
- Olive oil spray
- 1 cup grated KRAFT Tasty Cheese
- Fresh oregano leaves, for garnish
How to make it
HEAT the oil in a saucepan and sauté the onion, garlic and chilli for 2-3 minutes. Add the vegetables, salsa, tomato paste, VEGEMITE, sugar, pepper and water. Simmer for 6-8 minutes. Cool before stirring in eggs and parsley.
SPRAY each sheet of filo with oil and make 4 stacks with 4 sheets in each. Cut each stack into 6 squares and press each into a greased 1/3 cup capacity muffin pan. Spoon in the vegetable filling and then sprinkle with grated cheese.
BAKE in a moderate oven 180oC for 20-25 minutes or until filling is set and golden brown. Serve hot or cold.