Chicken Cacciatore is a delectable Italian dish featuring chicken simmered in tomatoes, onions, bell peppers, herbs and wine. Serve this with steamed rice!
What you need
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 500 g chicken thigh fillets, cut into 1.5 cm pieces
- 2 onions, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 400 g can salt reduced canned chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon oregano leaves
- 250 ml PHILADELPHIA Extra Light Cream For Cooking, a cream alternative
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Steamed rice, for serving
- Crisp green salad, for serving
How to make it
HEAT oil in a large non-stick frypan and cook the chicken for 5-6 minutes until browned. Remove and set aside.
REDUCE the heat, add the onion and sauté until softened. Add the garlic and cook gently for a further minute. Add the wine, tomatoes and tomato paste and bring to the boil. Return the chicken to the pan, season with black pepper and cover. Simmer for 20-30 minutes or until tender.
STIR through the olives, oregano, PHILLY and sugar and stir to combine. Bring to the boil and cook for a further minute. Serve with steamed rice and salad.